Slot Machine Terms - Slot Machine Definitions
- When playing a bonus slot machine, this feature gives
player the ability to win extra money or spins.
- This is the amount of money that a player must insert in
order to play a slot machine. For instance, the coin size on
a nickel slot would be five cents.
- This is what experienced slot machine players refer to
as a winning spin. You will hear this often when walking the
floor of a casino.
- The largest amount of coins that you can bet on one
spin. In most cases, a slot machine will offer the ability
to bet more than one coin in order to give you the chance to
win a larger jackpot.
jackpot that continues to increase in size based on the
number of coins that are bet. Many progressive slot machines are
linked to one another in order to make the payout even larger.
- The winning line that determines the payout. In many cases a
slot machine may have more than one payline.
- The amount of money that is paid when a player wins.
- This is the amount of each bet that is paid back to the
player that wins. For instance, a 99 percent payout percentage
means that 99 cents on a dollar goes to the player, and the
casino takes the leftover.
- This is located on the slot machine, and shows how much money
can be won, as well the winning combinations.
Random number generator
- This is a program used by casinos in order to ensure that all
slot machine victories are random. All in all, it helps to keep
a fair and honest environment, while also giving everybody an
equal chance to win. Additionally, a
random number generator also means that strategy is more or
- These spin around inside the slot machine to determine what
symbols show up on the screen.
- A scatter symbol is one that can appear anywhere on the
reels. It does not have to fall on a pay line to activate a
winning combination. Scatter symbols are usually wild as well.
- These are located on the reels that spin inside the slot
machine. Symbols will vary based on the type of slot machine
that you are playing. The most common ones are fruit and
- This is a strategy by players that says a slot machine will
not payout one time after the next. But since each machine is
based on a random number generator, this is nothing more than a
- In order to win, the combination of symbols that must occur
on the payline.
- Some slot machines have a wild which can represent any symbol
in order to give the player a better chance of winning.
- This is a player who stays at the same machine for hours on
end. They never change seats, or think about moving to another